Saturday, October 5, 2019

A Bay 7 Wedding for Claire and Will

I never actually met Will and Claire until their wedding at Bay 7 in Durham on October 5th.  I had a quick call with him in January and felt we were a perfect match, which we were!

Their ceremony was held that morning at Duke Forest.  The 125 guests had several hour break to unwind and check out Durham before coming over to Bay 7 for the reception.  As the wedding guests arrived I had a mix of rock, lots classic soul for Will and a few standards playing.  They enjoyed refreshments and passed hors d’oeuvres on the second floor.  Will and Claire joined them shortly.

After the cocktail hour, I invited the guests downstairs where I was with Erica and our “sleek” Bunn Photo Booth.  I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up with Angel from Bay 7 while guests already started enjoying the photo booth. I introduced them to “Uptown Funk” and each couple had their own dance down the stairs.  Claire and Will came down to loud applause and had their first dance to “Coming Home” by Leon Bridges (my favorite album from 2015). Her Parents welcomed everyone and the salads came out before the food stations opened. During dinner was same mix as cocktails.

After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”.  She joined her Father on the floor for their dance to Dean Martin’s cover of ”When Your Smiling”. It was so sweet!! He may have had a tear in his eyes…. Will and his Mother had their dance to “I Say A Little Prayer” by Aretha.  I opened the floor to everyone with “Build Me Up Buttercup” for me Mother, some Motown and Top 40 that filled the floor within the first song!  It stayed packed the whole time while I played lots of 70’s, 80’s, top 40 and a few Spanish songs.  

We ended the night with a couple sing-a-longs to “Don’t Stop Believing” and “Sweet Caroline” before the last dance to “Dancing In The Moonlight” and a sparkler exit.  Thank you Claire, Will, Erica and Angel!!  That was a really fun wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment