Tuesday, April 9, 2019

An Umstead Hotel Wedding for Molly and Tom

I will never get to DJ Taylor Swift’s wedding (probably not), but I came very close with Molly and Tom’s wedding at The Umstead Hotel on April 6th.

Their ceremony was held out back of The Umstead overlooking a pond with beautiful floral arrangements by Wylde Flowers. Their ceremony music was performed by the phenomenal Arioso Strings.  After the service planner Megan from A Southern Soiree (with help from Aneesa from Harmony Weddings) invited the 150 guests upstairs for the cocktail hour and reception. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of classical covers of pop songs playing.

After the cocktail hour the doors to the ballroom opened and I left some pop music playing while I went to touch base with Molly and Tom for introductions.  I introduced just them to “You Make My Dreams Come True” and they came in to loud cheers.  They had their first dance to The National’s “Dark Side Of The Gym”. They were singing it to each other like they were in their kitchen alone. So sweet!! After their dance her Father welcomed everyone and Pastor Kevin blessed the meal.  The food stations opened and I had a mix of jazz standards playing.

After dinner we had the toasts and Ashley’s Cake cutting to “You Are The Best Thing”.  I had the strawberry cake!! J. While the staff cut the cake and served it we had the parents dances.  Molly and her Father danced to “You’ve Got A Friend” by Carole King.  LOVE that version!  Tom and his Mother had their dance to “Return To Pooh Corner”.  Such a great song.  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and 70’s that shortly filled it for the rest of the night.

During the dancing I played lots of 70’s and 80’s, Of course lots of Taylor Swift, some
current top 40 and even a J-Pop song for Tom’s friends.

We ended the night with “Run Away With Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen before a confetti exit.  I’ve seen some of the sneak peek pics by Photographer Mina Von Feilitzsch and can’t wait to see more!!

Thank you Molly, Tom, Megan, Aneesa and Kaila!  I had the best time!! Oh, and a big Happy Birthday to Tom who’s birthday was the day before.

Photos courtesy of Mina Von Feilitzsch

1 comment:

  1. They couldn't have had a better DJ! You created such an amazing atmosphere for these two and their guests, with the perfect energy for every stage of the night and a wonderful mix of the couples' personal favorites. I can't wait to send you all the photos of all the joyful dancing you inspired!

    ReplyDelete