Thursday, October 11, 2018

A Fearrington Wedding for Megan and Ryan

I was so excited to play for Megan and Ryan on October 6that The Fearrington!  They had me for both the ceremony and reception.

The ceremony was moved to the Garden Terrace because of a threat of rain.  Planner Gilda and The Fearrington always have a great back up plan! As the 120 guests arrived I had a mix of acoustic pop songs playing.  After everyone was seated their officiant walked in, reminded them to silence their phones (brilliant idea!) and the ceremony was under way.  The wedding party entered to an instrumental of “Love Never Fails” by Brandon Heath and Megan entered to the vocal version.  After a short service that included 2 readings, they recessed to “Smile” by Uncle Kracker that I edited to start at the chorus.

The guests made their way to the patio in front of the barn for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of half country and the rest a mix of standards, rock and classic soul. Megan and Ryan were taken around then property to get photos by Amber from Six Foot Photography and video by Muddy Trails Videography.  After pics were taken and the cocktail hour ended, they were invited inside for dinner and dancing. I left music playing and went outside to line the wedding party up and congratulate Megan and Ryan.

I introduced the wedding party to “Glorious” by Macklemore and Megan and Ryan came in to loud applause. They had their first dance to the piano mix of “Then” by Brad Paisley (my favorite first dance song). They took their seats and then came the biggest surprise for Megan!!!! OMG!!  Her Father welcomed everyone and ended by telling about her dreams to be a pop singer when she was 7.  Then, I played a recording of her singing “Oops, I Did It Again” when she was 7.  She had no idea it was coming or even that he still had it.  He gave it to me earlier on a cassette and I tr
ansferred it over to my computer. One of the best moments I’ve seen at a wedding!  Well played Mr. Cruz!!  The salads and entrees came out and I continued the same format as cocktails during dinner.

After dinner we had two very touching and emotional toasts and parents’ dances.  Megan and her Father danced to “Butterfly Kisses” and Ryan and his Mother to “A Mother’s Love” by Jim Brickman.  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and top 40 that filled it for the next 3 hours.  They danced to everything!  Yes, even “Oops, I Did It Again” by Britney.  We ended the night with some sing a longs to “Wagon Wheel”, “Piano Man” and finally “Don’t Stop Believin’” before the sparkler exit.

Thank you Megan, Ryan and Gilda!  I had the best time!!!

Photo c courtesy of Six Foot Photography

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking to hire a professional wedding DJ or event DJ for an Indian wedding in Arizona or California? You can rely on DJ Mistry for putting the best show.

    ReplyDelete