Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A Sutherland Wedding in Wake Forest for Bays and Jackson

Bays and Jackson have got to be two of the genuinely sweetest people I have been a wedding DJ for! I was so thrilled to be their DJ at The Sutherland for both ceremony and reception on July 21st.

The ceremony was held in the brick courtyard on what turned out to be a picture perfect day.  The service was officiated by Matt Dinkins. As the 140 guests arrived I had some light classical music playing.  The Grandparents & Parents entered to “A Thousand Years” by Jun Sung Ahn and Bridesmaids to “Canon In D”.  Bays and her Father entered to a bluegrass version of “Here Comes The Bride”.  So sweet!!  During the signing of their marriage vows I played “A River Flows In You” by Yiruma.  After the service they recessed to “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” by Stevie Wonder.

The guests made their way to the other side of the house and the Grooms Terrace for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres by Rocky Top.  During the cocktail hour I had a mix of rock, country, beach and classic soul playing. After pics were taken by Six Foot PhotographyOak Hill Media, the guests were invited into the pavilion for the reception.
and video by

I introduced the wedding party to “Happy” and Bays & Jackson to “Loving You Easy” by Zac Brown. They had their first dance to the music video version of “First try” by Johnnyswim.  It was just beautiful!  Bays had the Father/Daughter dance next to “Golden Heart” by Mark Knopfler.  They went to Indian Princesses together and her name was Golden Heart, so it was the perfect song for them!  Jackson and his Mother’s dance to “I’ll Be There” b y The Jackson 5 followed.  Bays Father welcomed everyone and wrote such an emotional speech that I had to step in to finish it (which I could barely get through myself!!).  Their officiant blessed the meal and the food stations opened. During dinner I had the same music mix playing as cocktails.

After dinner we had the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” and the toasts.  Before opening the floor to everyone we had an anniversary dance to “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney with the winners married 60 years!! WOW!! I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music that filled it quickly.  Some 70’s and 80’s kept them dancing until the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “Bust A Move”.  Back to dancing to some 2000’s and current top 40 till the end of the night and last dance to “Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and a pom pom exit after.

Thank you so much Bays, Jackson, Mr & Mrs Coppedge and Christy!  I was honored and thrilled to be your DJ!!

Photo courtesy of Six Foot Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment