Saturday, September 19, 2015

Robin & Jon’s Wedding at The Merrimon-Wynne House in Raleigh on September 13th


Robin and Jon chose the historic Merrimon-Wynne House in downtown Raleigh for there ceremony and reception on a picture perfect September day! I was excited to be working with planner Betsy Krug from Rebecca Rose Events for the first time (who I have heard so many great things about), The Merrimon- Wynne’s Kaila, videographer Katie from Story Spark Films and photographer Will from Nancy Ray Photography.  Even though I wasn’t providing music til later in the evening, I got there super early to set up and check out the service and I’m glad I did.

As the 100 guests arrived for the outdoor ceremony on the lawn they were treated to live music by trio The Derringers who did a fantastic job!  He sounds exactly like Marcus Mumford!  For the ceremony they had live music he keyboardist Erin Deuel and acoustic guitarist Glenn Deuel.   They had two officiants, one from Scotland and an American for the ceremony.  After the ceremony, guests mingled in the lawn and The Derringers took over again.  It was time for dinner and guests found their way inside the house for dinner catered by one of my fav’s Beau Catering that always does an amazing job!
 
After dinner, guests made their way outside for dancing.  Robin and Jon made their way to the floor for their first dance to a cover of Brooke Fraser’s “Sailboats” which was played by Erin and guitarist Glenn Deuel.  She stayed on the floor and way joined by her father to dance to “My Girl”.  We had a few toasts and then I opened the floor with some beach music and current dance music that had both young and older guests dancing together.  We paused briefly for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and then back to dancing to some more current top 40. I ended the evening with some beach music for Robin’s father and his friends until the last song “Wonderwall” which was perfect since Jon is from the UK.  I invited the guests to the front of the Merrimon-Wynne for their exit and called it a night.


Thank you Robin, Jon, Betsy and Kaila for everything and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment