Sunday, December 29, 2019

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding for Marina & Chris

Marina and Chris had such an amazing wedding reception at The Merrimon Wynne House on December 29th!  I was THRILLED I was their DJ!!

Their ceremony was held at downtown Raleigh’s Historic All Saints Chapel. It is the perfect example of a “little white church”! After the ceremony, the 130 guests started over to Merrimon Wynne where I was set up for the reception.  The cocktail hour was held in the house and they had the music covered there.  After pics were taken by Cara from F8 Photo Studios planner Kathy from Sally Oakley Events invited guests to the Carriage house for the reception.  I left music playing and went inside the house with her to line the wedding party up for introductions.
 
I introduced the wedding party to “September” and Marina and Chris to “You Make My Dreams Come True”.   They had their choreographed first dance to “Millionaire” by Chris Stapleton.  The Parents dances followed with Marina and her Father dancing to “Brown Eyed Girl”. Chris and his Mother danced to “My Wish” before a welcome by Marina’s Father and blessing by her Uncle. The Rocky Top catered buffet opened after the plated salads were finished.  During dinner I had a playlist of jazz standards and Brazilian jazz playing.  I LOVED it!!

After dinner we had the toasts and opened the floor with “The Cupid Shuffle”.  That’s all it took to fill the floor for the next 2 hours. While guests were dancing, Marina and Chris grabbed a few family members and snuck into the house for a private Nothing Bundt Cakes cutting.  During dancing I played lots of top 40, 80’s, some Greek dance songs and even “In The Mood” for a Grandmother. We ended the night with “Die A Happy Man” before the sparkler exit.

Thank you Marina, Chris, Abby and Kathy!!  That was a BLAST!!!

Photos courtesy of F8 Photo Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment