Saturday, December 21, 2019

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding for Kailtyn and Mike

Kaitlyn and Mike had the longest wedding reception I have done and I had the best time playing all night at downtown Raleigh’s Merrimon Wynne House!!

Their ceremony was held outside on the lawn and the weather was perfect! Her Brother officiated and he did a great job.  I ran his mic as well as all the music. As the 100 guests arrived,  I had a mix of contemporary love songs playing. The Grandmothers, Mothers and Groomsmen entered to “Here Comes The Sun” and Bridesmaids to “Love On Top”.  Kaitlyn and her Father entered to “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong. After a short service they recessed to “Simple” by Florida Georgia Line.  I invited everyone inside the house for the cocktail hour while Danielle from Blissmore Photography and videographer Phil from Twenty-One Films got some shots of the wedding party.

After the cocktail hour the guests were invited into the Carriage House where I was by planner Stephanie from Viva L’Event for dinner and the epic dance party. The room looked amazing with florals by Meristem Floral! I introduced the Parents to “This Will be (An Everlasting Love)” and wedding party to “All I Do is Win”.  Kaitlyn and Mike came in to loud applause and had their first dance to the duet version of “From This Moment” by Shania Twain.  Kaitlyn and her Father had their dance to “I Loved Her First” and Mike & his Mother to “The Man You’ve Become”.  Her Parents welcomed everyone and the plated salads came out. Shortly the Rocky Top Catered buffet opened on the pergola. During dinner I had a mix of soft rock, country, classic soul and standards playing.

Towards the end of dinner guests started dancing to some 70’s pop and beach music before we paused for the toasts and anniversary dance to “That’s Amore”.  The winners of the dance have been married 57 years!  I opened up the floor again to everyone with some Motown and top 40 that kept them dancing for the next 4 hours!!  That’s right, 4 hours of dancing!!  I played lots of oldies, 80’s, current top 40, a couple line dances, some hip-hop and sing a longs. 

We ended the night with everyone in a big circle singing to “Country Roads” by John Denver before I invited them to the front of the house for a sparkler exit. After everyone had left, Kaitlyn and Mike had an intimate private last dance to “Stay With You” by John Legend.

Thank you Kaitlyn, Mike, Lecia, Haleigh & Stephanie.  That was such a fun wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment