Saturday, October 26, 2019

A Sutherland Wedding for Alanna and Chris

I finally got to meet Alanna and Chris just a week before their wedding. They are so funny and I was thrilled to play for their wedding at The Sutherland in Wake Forest on October 20th.

The ceremony was held in the bricked garden and I ran mics and music for them.  As the 80 guests arrived to take their seats, I had light classical music playing. The Parents entered to “Ancient Stones” by Jeremy Soule. Chris lead his Groomsmen and Bridesmaids in by skipping in to Vivaldi’s “Autumn Op. 3. So great!!! Alanna entered to “The Morrowind Theme”.  After a short, very sweet and sometimes funny ceremony that included hand written vows, they danced out to “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley. The cutest!!

The guests were invited to the covered grooms terrace for cocktails and I had a mix of rock, R&B and oldies playing. Guests enjoyed refreshments and hors d’oeuvres while Nieto Photography and Oak City Films got some shots of the wedding party and pavilion.  After the cocktail hour, Donna & Lena from The Sutherland invited guests into the pavilion for the reception.  I left music playing and went inside the house to line the wedding party up for intros with them.

I introduced the wedding party to “Can’t Stop The Feeling” and Alanna and Chris to “Turn Down For What”. They had their first dance to “Safe & Sound” by Capital Cities followed by her dance with her Father to “Isn’t She Lovely” by Sinatra.  I have hundreds of his songs, but had to search for this one.  It’s awesome!!!  Her Father welcomed everyone and the plated salads came out by Rocky Top Catering before the food stations opened.  During dinner I had the same music mix as cocktails.

After dinner we had a short shoe game where they agreed (mostly) on the answers, and then the toasts. We had a Cakes By Chelsea cake cutting to “Cake By The Ocean”, then opened the floor with “Build Me Up Buttercup” and some Top 40.  The floor filled and they had a blast dancing to Top 40, 70’s, 80’s and a few 90’s tracks.  We paused for a bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” then back to dancing.

I ended the night with “Last Dance” before a sparkler exit.  Thank you Alanna, Chris, Nancy, Donna and Lena.  I loved playing for you and hopefully your knee will heel soon Chris!!

Photo courtesy of Nieto Photography

1 comment:

  1. Randy, you are THE BOMB!! What an unforgettable night, it was so lit!! Not to worry, tis but a scratch! So long as I have the music in my blood, the healing process will be a snap!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete