Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Museum Of Art Wedding for Georgia and Jackson

I had never met Georgia and Jackson until their wedding on October 12th at The Museum Of Art in Raleigh, but had a meeting with his very sweet Mother and talked to her about their wedding.

The ceremony was held in the back “garden” and I provided a mics for their officiant, Aaron, as well as a hand held one for prayers by 7 different people. The site looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Watered Garden.  They had a live cellist and violinist provide the music.  After the service that ended with both Georgia and Jackson breaking a glass, the guests were invited inside for the cocktail/dinner hour.

During the cocktail/dinner hour I had a mix of indie rock, classic soul and standards playing that Jackson mostly gave me.  I LOVED his playlist!!  Guests enjoyed passed hors d’oeuvres, small plates and looking at the museums exibits. Half way thru photographer Rebecca Ames finished up pics of the wedding party and I introduced them to “This Will be (An Everlasting Love)”. They came in to loud applause and joined the 180 guests for the rest of the cocktail/dinner hour.

After dinner we had the Cinda’s Cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”. The toasts followed from the dance floor while the Museum staff cut the cake.  After the toasts, Georgia and Jackson had their first dance to bluesy/R&B cover of Shania Twain’s “Still The One”.  I had never heard this version before, but it is amazing!! Georgia had a dance with her Father next to “isn’t She Lovely” and Jackson and his Mother to “Count On me”.  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and Top 40 that filled
it for the next 2 hours. I mean FILLED!!!  We paused for a 150 people deep dance to the “Hora Medley” then back to dancing.

I ended the night with one of my favorite songs ever, “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse and finally “You Make My Dreams Come True” by Hall & Oates before a sparkler exit.

Thank you Georgia, Jackson, Sally and Morgan!  That was an amazing wedding!!

1 comment:

  1. Randy - A huge thanks to you! Your professionalism and expertise made the night so memorable. I never worried for a minute. Your hosting and musical selections kept the party going. The dance floor was packed for two hours with all ages. Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had dancing all night. You are the best! Huge thanks to Morgan, Cinda, and the whole NCMA group for a beautiful venue with amazing food and atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete