Wednesday, December 19, 2018

An NC State Wedding for Courtney and Tyler

Courtney and Tyler are HUGE Wolfpack fans, so of course they had their ceremony and reception at Park Alumni Center on NC State’s centennial campus! I HAD to wear my NC State cufflinks and red paisley tie for their wedding on December 15th.

The ceremony was held in the main ballroom in front of one of the fireplaces decorated with gorgeous flowers by Dogwood Tree Floral Design. The oval room is already beautiful with marble floors.  As the 85 guests arrived I had a playlist of Christmas songs playing by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The Parents entered to “Jesu, Joy Of Man’s Desiring” and wedding party to “Bella’s Lullabye”.  Courtney and her Father entered to an edit I made of “Christmas Canon”.  After a short service they recessed to an edit I made them of “Christmas Eve/Sarajevo” by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  Their minister invited everyone to the lobby for cocktails and I had a mix of classic rock and country playing.

After pics were taken by Krysta from Six Foot Photography and the room had been flipped for the reception, they guests were invited back inside by planner extraordinaire Sally Oakley. I introduced the wedding party to “Don’t Let me Down” by The Chainsmokers and Courtney & Tyler came in for their first dance to an edit I made of “Like The Rain” by Clink Black. After the first dance, her Father joined her for their choreographed dance to a medley I made them that started with “Sister Christian” then into Skynyrd, Lil Jon and Nantucket.  It was so great and caught everyone off guard!! Great job!!  Tyler danced with his Mother to “Simple Man”, her Father welcomed everyone, her Uncle gave a toast and their minister blessed the meal. During dinner was more country and classic rock.
 
After dinner I opened the floor for a short time for the kids then paused for the cake cutting. After the cake cutting a surprise guests arrived to join in the dancing on the floor. NC State mascot Mr Wufcame from the lobby and got tons of selfies and high fives! He joined them on the floor to dance for an hour. There was even a dance off between tables 5 & 6.  I think it was decided as a tie. We had the bouquet toss to “Lady Marmalade” then back to dancing to some current hip-hop before the last song.  They had a last dance to “Wagon Wheel” before I invited everyone to the front for a sparkler exit.  As they were leaving I played “Fly Away” by Lenny Kravitz.

Thank you Courtney, Tyler and Sally!  I had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment