Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A Sutherland Wedding for Carrie and Dathan

Even thought it was a little rainy for Carrie and Dathan’s wedding at The Sutherland in Wake Forest, NC on December 1st, I was thrilled and honored to be there!

The ceremony was held in the side walled garden that was covered with a beautiful clear top tent.  I was there to play music and run a mic for their friend, Matt who was their officiant.  As the 100 guests arrived I had a mix of contemporary love songs playing.  The wedding party entered to “Where Are You Christmas” by The Piano Guys and Carrie and her Father to their cover of “A Thousand Years”.  After a short service that included a unity candle, they recessed to “In Case You Didn’t Know” by Brett Young.  This is one of my favorite country songs!  The guests were invited to the reception hall for cocktails while pictures and video were taken by photographer Joe Payne and Twenty-One Films.

During the cocktail hour I had a mix of soft rock and country playing.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Embellished Blooms. After pics were taken I went in the house to line the wedding party up with lots of help from Gina & Lindsay from A Southern Soiree.  I introduced the wedding party to “Bring ‘Em Out” by T.I. and Carrie & Dathan to an edit I made them of “All Of The Lights” by Kanye.  They came in to loud applause and had their first dance to “Yours” by Russell Dickerson. Carrie’s Father welcomed everyone and Matt blessed the meal.  The Rocky Top food stations opened and I played more rock and country during dinner.

After dinner we had toasts and cake cutting to “You Make It Easy” and sang “Happy Birthday” to Dathan’s Father who was celebrating his Bday that day.  The Parents dances followed while the staff served the cake.  Carrie & her Father danced to “My Little Girl” and Dathan and his Mother to “My Wish”.  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and top 40 that soon filled it for the rest of the night.  I played lots of hip-hop, top 40 and a few 80’s songs while guests enjoyed cake and the Andia’s Homemade Ice Cream station.

We ended the night with a last dance to “You Make It easy” (yes, the cake cutting song) before sending everyone out with Lindsay and Gina for a sparkler exit.  Thank you Carrie, Dathan, Linday, Gina (and Andia for the ice cream!!!).  I had the best time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment