Friday, March 9, 2018

A Wedding Reception High Above Downtown Raleigh

Jean and Brad’s wedding reception was held at The City Club on the 29th floor of the Wachovia Building in downtown Raleigh and I was thrilled to be their wedding DJ!


The ceremony was held at Edenton Street Methodist Church that afternon.  After the ceremony the 130 guests made their way to the City Club for the reception.  The cocktail hour was held in the front bar area.  After pics & video were taken by Renee Sprink and Twenty-One Films the ballroom opened and guests found their way inside. Jean and Brad were the only ones to be introduced to “I Gotta Feelin’”.  They came in to loud applause and right to the dance floor for their choreographed first dance to “Fly Me To The Moon”.  They did a great job! As it ended I invited everyone to the food stations and went into a dinner mix of love songs.

After dinner we had an anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra with the winners married 51 years.  I opened the floor to everyne with some beach music and oldies that filled it for the next 2 hours.  After about 30 minutes of dancing we paused for the cake cutting to “I Found Love (Cindy’s Song)” by The Winans, then back to dancing to lots of 70’s, 80’s and some current top 40.


I ended the night with “Sweet Caroline” before sending everyone downstairs for a sparkler exit. I had so much fun playing for everyone there and working with some of my favorite vendors!  Congratulations Jean and Brad and thank you so much for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment