Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding On St Patrick’s Day

I was first a wedding DJ for Laura and Nissan in 2015 when they attended a friends wedding  I did.  It was so awesome that that couple (Meaghan and Gordon) were in this wedding party at The Merrimon Wynne!!

I was there for Laura and Nissan’s ceremony and reception.  The ceremony was held on the side lawn facing the carriage house. I ran mics for their officiant, Father Christopher, Nissan and two readers.  Guitarist Matthew Kanon handled the music and it’s always a pleasure to hear hi play!  After the ceremony the 200 guests were invited into the house for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres.  During the cocktail hour I had a mix of indie rock and dance playing.

After pics were taken by Blue Barn Photography and video by Twenty-One Films the guests were invited into the carriage house for dinner by planner Stephanie from Viva L’Event.  I lined the wedding party up with Stephanie and got them ready for intros.  The wedding party entered to “My Type” by Saint Motel and lined up n front of my table. Laura and Nissan danced in to loud applause and had now their second dance as husband and wife to “Sea Of Love” by Lily & Madeleine. Her Father welcomed everyone and Father Christopher blessed the meal.  The salads and entrees came out by Donovan’s Dish and I started another indie rock playlist.

Towards the end of dinner we had the toasts and they had a private cake cutting with just their parents and grandparents.  The parent’s dances followed back in the carriage house.  Laura and her Father danced to “I Will Be There” by Odessa.  Nissan and his Mother’s dance was next to “Forever Young” by Rihannon & Iron & Wine.  I opened the floor to everyone with “Uptown Funk” and it instantly filled!  It was just crazy !! For the next 2 hours the floor was filled to EDM, Hip-Hop, a few 80’s songs and remixes, and some mid 2000’s hits.


We ended the night with the Wave Racer remix of “All My Friends” by Snakehips before sending everyone to the front for a sparkler exit.  Thank you so much Laura, Nissan and Stephanie!!  This was a St. Patrick’s Day I will never forget!

2 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure getting to work with you and also jam out while working too!! Thank you Randy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Stephanie!!! Loved working with you too!!

    ReplyDelete