Friday, September 29, 2017

Sarah and David’s Wedding at Highgrove




Sarah and David chose Fuquay-Varina’s Highgrove Estate for both ceremony and reception on September 22nd.  It was beautiful outside and I was thrilled to be there for them!

The ceremony was held in the back of the property with a breathtaking picturesque wooded hill in the background.  It is just beautiful!  The ceremony was officiated by minister Ingrid and music provided by a string duo. I helped out Ingrid with a mic and speaker.

After the ceremony the 130 guests made their way to the back patio for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres.  I had a mix of rock, country, standards and classic soul playing.  After pics and video were taken of the wedding party by George Street Photo, the doors to the ballroom opened.  Highgrove’s Jill helped the guests find their seats and I got ready for the introductions.  I introduced only Sarah and David to “More Today Than Yesterday” and they came in for their first dance.  Their song was “Die A Happy Man” (one of my favorite first dance songs).  Her Uncle Leslie gave a wonderful blessing of the meal and the salads came out followed by the family style entrees.  During dinner I had the same mix of music playing.

After dinner we had the toasts by Sarah’s parents.  I played “You Are My Sunshine” by Chris Stapleton in the background during her Mother’s toast.  It was so special! David thanked everyone and we had the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”.  I opened the floor with some Motown and top 40 that had young and old dancing together.  The Krispy Kreme flambe station opened shortly and I urged guests to try it.  It’s one of my favorite things ever!!!  During the next 2 hours guests danced to 80’s, 90’s, a few line dances, top 40 and ended with some 2000’s hip- hop.  Sarah and her friends had a blast dancing to those throw back songs!!  I even played “I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow” for David and Sarah to song a long to. 


We ended the night with “I Don’t Dance” and a sparkler exit from the front of the house.  Thank you so much Sarah and David and congratulations!

Photo courtesy of Amelya Jayne Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment