Monday, August 7, 2017

Laura and Matt’s Wedding At Melrose Knitting Mill

I never met Laura and Matt until their wedding day, July 29th.  They are from New York City and we just talked briefly to go over the timeline prior.  Laura was so excited for her day that she was about to burst!  So great!!

Their cocktail hour was held on the downstairs patio of Mulino’s Italian Kitchen. I had premixed the cocktail hour music with a mix of rock and country.  They LOVE Florida Georgia Line!  After the cocktail hour the guests made their way upstairs for dinner and dancing at Melrose Knitting Mill.  Planner Steph from Chad Biggs Events did a great job getting the 130 guests up stairs.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Laura’s Aunt Pam with Flowers, By Design.

I introduced the wedding party into the room to “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers. Laura and Matt came in and had their choreographed dance to “Die A Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett.  Laura’s Father welcomed everyone and Barbara Goss blessed the meal.  After dinner we had the toasts and parents dances.  Matt danced with his Mother to “Do I Make You Proud” by American Idol winner Taylor Hicks.  After that Laura and her Father danced to “My Little Girl” I followed that with his favorite song to get everyone on the floor. “Party Rock Anthem!!!!” Yes!!  It filled the floor with young and old and I continued a top 40/EDM mix for 20 minutes before slowing it down.  An anniversary dance followed with the winners being married 57 years.


I opened the floor for a half an hour more before pausing for the Ashley Cake cutting to “Are You Gonna Kiss Me Of Not”.  Always so delicious!!!  They went back to dancing until the end of the night.  I even played “Born To Hand Jive” from Grease to relive Laura’s childhood memories. We ended the night with the last dance to “Wagon Wheel”. I invited everyone downstairs for the sparkler exit.  I can’t wait to see the pics from Brandon at Southern Love Studios and full video from Oak City Films!

Photo courtesy of Souther Love Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment