Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Kelsey And Connor’s Wedding At Durham’s Cotton Room | DJ Randy B

I always love to DJ weddings at The Cotton Room in Durham, and Kelsey and Connor’s was no exception.  They are such a nice couple and I was thrilled to play for them on July 22nd!

The wedding ceremony was held on the far side of The Cotton Room.  I ran mics for Reverend Bonnie and a wireless mic for readers.  Their music was provided by a quartet from Arioso Strings that once again did an amazing job.  After the ceremony, the 130 guests were invited to the lobby area for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres while the staff flipped the room.  Arioso was there still for music.

After some outdoor pics were taken by Photographer Autumn Harrison, the wedding party was ready to be introduced and I was ready to get this party going.  The white linens opened to show the dining area and guests found their seats.  I introduced them to “Shut Up And Dance” and Kelsey and Connor came to the floor for their first dance. 

For their first dance, they danced to “Nothing Can Change This Love” by Sam Cooke (one of my favorite ballads).  Kelsey’s Father joined her for their dance to “My Wish” and Connor and his Mother to “The Wonder Of You” (One of my favorite Elvis songs).  They took their seats and the salads and entrees came out.  During dinner I had a mix of rock, soul and standards playing.

After dinner we had toasts and the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”.  I opened the floor with “My Girl” and some Motown and top 40 that soon filled it.  We paused after 30 minutes for an anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” with the winners being married 55 years!  Everyone went back to dancing until the end of the night.  We ended with “Sweet Caroline”, “New York, New York” (For Connor’s Mother) and finally “Wagon Wheel”. 


What a fun night and wonderful group to DJ for.  Thank you Kelsey and Connor and congratulations!

Photo courtesy of Autumn Harrison Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment