Thursday, July 20, 2017

A Beautiful Wedding At Highgrove Estate | DJ Randy B

I have seen a lot of things in my 20 years as a wedding DJ, but this was the first dancing dinosaur!  I never thought I would see that at Amy and Patrick’s beautiful wedding at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina on July 15th.

Amy and Pat had their wedding ceremony in the back lawn overlooking a lake and wooded hill.  For their music, the 140 guests were treated to a trio of 2 guitarists and bongo player.  After a short service they made their way to the back patio for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of standards, soft rock and classic soul playing.  Photographer Ginny Corbett and videographers from Sugar Shack Films took the wedding party around the grounds for shots.

After the cocktail hour I invited guests into the ballroom for the reception.  I had music playing and went into the house to line the wedding party up with help from Highgrove’s Amanda.  I introduced the wedding party to “You Make My Dreams Come True” and Amy & Pat to “Love On Top”.  They came in for their first dance to Dave Barnes “Darlin’”.  The welcome and blessing followed and then the salads and family style entrees came out.  During dinner I played the same music as cocktails.
I even played “Georgia” by Ray Charles for Amy’s Grandmother Georgia.

After dinner we had toasts and cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” and then the parents dances. Amy & her Father danced to “I Loved Her First” ad Patrick & his Mother to “Loves Me Like A Rock”.  I invited the married couples to the floor for an anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” and then opened the floor to everyone with Motown & top 40.  After about 5 songs I played “Blurred Lines” and a dancing dinosaur appeared!  It was so great and caught everyone off guard, especially the kids.  I’m sure they will talk about that forever!  The Krispy Kreme flambé station opened and the guests went back to dancing.  One of the best songs of the night (other than the dinosaur) was a huge group dance to “Rock Lobster” lead by Patrick’s family.  I can’t wait to see Ginny’s pictures of that!

We paused for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “Another One Bites The Dust”, then back to dancing until the end of the night.  We ended the party with “New York, New York”, “Sweet Caroline” and finally “Wagon Wheel”.  I invited the guests to the front for a sparkler exit and said goodnight to everyone.  What a fantastic wedding!  I had an absolute blast playing to this great group!



Photo courtesy of Ginny Corbett Photography

2 comments:

  1. Randy, you are the very best! Thank you for everything! You made our wedding a HUGE party and you had people dancing all night! I cannot recommend you enough!! We are so grateful for you bringing your talents to our special day! Hoping that I see you at every wedding that I go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I hope to see you two again also!!

      Delete