Monday, June 12, 2017

A Plantation Wedding at Highgrove Estate

After dating for 11 years, Courtney and Tripp made their way down the aisle for their wedding at Highgrove in Fuquay Varina, NC on June 3rd.

Their ceremony was held in the back of the estate and I provided music and a mic.  The parents came down the aisle to “Arioso” and the Bridesmaids to “Canon In D”.  Courtney came from the house and down the path with her father to the instrumental song “Feather” from Forrest Gump.  After a short ceremony they recessed to “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)”.  Their minister excused the 125 guests and they made their way to the back patio for cocktails. 

During the cocktail hour I had a mix of rock, country and classic soul playing.  After pics were taken by Tara & Dave from Tara Parker Photography the doors to the ballroom opened.  I left music playing and went inside to line the wedding party up with help from Highgrove’s Amanda.  I introduced them to “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin Timberlake.  They came in and had their first dance to “When I Say I Do” by Clint Black.  Courtney’s Father took the mic and welcomed everyone and blessed the family style meal.  During dinner I continued the same music mix.

After dinner we had the toasts and Sweet Memories Cake cutting to “How Sweet it Is” by James Taylor.  Courtney joined her Father on the floor for their dance to “Stand By Me” and Tripp & his mother to “Do I Make You Proud”.  I opened the floor with some Motown and top 40 that filled it shortly.  The star of the dance floor for me had to be Tripp’s Father!  He was going hard all night!  I think I even saw him dancing with his tie around his head.

We ended the night with “Me And You” by Kenny Chesney and finally “Sweet Caroline” that always turns into a great sing a long.  A sparkler exit followed from the front of the house.  Thank you Courtney & Tripp and congratulations!


No comments:

Post a Comment