Friday, May 6, 2016

Lauren & Ian’s Beautiful Wedding at Highgrove Estate on April 29th, 2016

Bride and Groom: Lauren & Ian Boulus

Where & When: Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina on April 29th, 2016

The Professionals

I was able to work with some truly amazing professionals for this one!

Planner- Angela from Highgrove
Photography- Callie with Nancy Ray
Video- Damien Maass
Minister- Barbara Lodge

Special Songs

Introduction of the Bride & Groom: “Crazy in love”- Beyonce
First Dance: “I’ll Be (Acoustic Version)”- Edwin McCain
Mother-Groom Dance: “The Man You’ve Become”- Molly Pasutti
Cake Cutting: “XO”- John Mayer
Last Dance: “Don’t Stop Believin’”- Journey

I was so thrilled to DJ for Lauren and Ian’s wedding ceremony and reception at Highgrove!  I was even more thrilled when I say my past Bride & groom Angela & Anthony show up as guests whose wedding I DJ’d 4 years ago and now they have a baby.

The ceremony was held in the back overlooking a lake and the weather was perfect!  I ran minister Barbara Lodge’s mic and she always is the best to work with!  The Grandparents thru the Bridesmaids entered to “A Thousand Years” by The Piano Guys and Lauren entered to “Canon In D”. After the ceremony the wedding party recessed to “Variations on Kanon” by George Winston.  Barbara invited guests to the back patio for cocktails and I had a mix of standards playing.

As the cocktail hour ended guests made their way inside the ballroom for dinner and dancing.  After the wedding party was introduced to “Yeah 3X”, Lauren & Ian had their first dance to “I’ll Be” followed by Ian and his mother’s dance to “The Man You’ve Become”, a welcome by Lauren’s mother and blessing by Ian’s Grandfather.  The buffet opened and I played a mix of country, soft rock and classic soul.

After dinner we had toasts and the cake cutting and then opened the floor with some Motown and top 40.  During the next 2 hours guests danced to oldies, top 40, 80’s and finally an EDM dance party for the last 30 minutes before ending with “Don’t Stop Believin’” and a sparkler exit from the front of the building.

Thank you Lauren and Ian and congratulations!





3 comments: