Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Liz and Adam’s indie rock reception at Caffe Luna in Raleigh NC


Liz and Adam have wonderful taste in music and wanted to share it with their 60 guests at downtown Raleigh’s quaint Italian restaurant, Caffe Luna on May 30th.  After an outdoor ceremony at the Rose Garden, guests made their way to the restaurant for a noon social hour and I had a mix of indie rock and a few classic rock songs playing.  After some pics were taken by Josh & Shelley Hartman Outdoor Photography, Liz and Adam and their wedding party were ready to be announced.  I lined them up with help from planner Sara from Sweet SaraBell Weddings & Events.  They came into the room to “Feel It All Around” by Washed Out and right to their table for dinner.  The 3-course meal came out and I continued an indie and classic rock mix with a few lounge songs mixed in.
 

After dinner we had a few short toasts and the cake cutting to “When I’m 64” and their first dance to “In My Life” both by The Beatles. I invited Liz’s father and Adam’s mother to join them for their joint parents dance to “Happy” by Pharrell and after a minute asked everyone to join them, which they did.  The small floor packed dancing to that “Twist & Shout” and “Uptown Funk”.  We paused briefly for the bouquet toss to “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Starf**er and back to dancing to some 80’s alternative.  I even got to play “Dancin’ With Myself” by one of my favorite bands, The Donnas (who I have met..twice!)  We ended the night with everyone on the floor dancing to “Home” by Edward Sharpe and a bubbles exit from the front of the restaurant. What a wonderful wedding reception.  Thank you Liz and Adam for a great playlist and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment