Monday, June 22, 2015

Jess & Mike’s Epic wedding at The Umstead Hotel


I knew this was going to be an awesome wedding, but I had not idea of how much fun it would be!  Jess and Mike met in College at NC State and even though live in Florida now, came back to Raleigh for their ceremony and reception at Cary’s beautiful Umstead Hotel & Spa.   I was thrilled to be working with The Umstead’s Carrie, planners Megan & Gina from A Southern Soiree, photographer Michael Moss and Jess and Phil from Twenty-One Films
 
The ceremony was held in the back of the Umstead overlooking a pond with live musician performing the music.  After the ceremony, guests made their way to the cocktail hour held in front hall of the ballroom where I was set up.  For the cocktail hour they had live music performed by singer/songwriter John Dupree who I always love hearing! The guests enjoyed the open bar and passed hors d’oeuvres until the ballroom opened.

The doors of the ballroom opened and guests found their tables.  The room looked beautiful with white linen drapes covering all the walls, a white dance floor and beautiful mostly white floral arrangements by the Watered Garden.  The wedding party was ready to be announced and they came in to “Uptown Funk” and each did their own dance as soon as they hit the floor.  Jess & Mike came in to the loudest cheering I have heard and went right to the floor for their first dance to the piano version of “Then” by Brad Paisley.  They welcomed everyone and took their seats for the 3 course meal of soup, salad and entrées after a blessing by Jess’s sister Alexis. After the first course we had toasts by the Maid of honor Holly, Mike’s best man and brother Sean and Jess’s father Edward, then the salad’s and entrées came out.  During dinner I had a mix of country and soft rock playing.

As dinner was winding down, Jess and Mike were ready to get this party started so we did the Sugarland cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” and Jess made her way to the floor for her dance with her father to “My Wish” and Mike danced with his mother to “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins.  I opened the floor to everyone with “My Girl” and it packed (I mean PACKED) instantly!  Guests also went out in the hall for Twenty-One films slow motion video booth that was a HUGE hit! For the next 2 ½ hours they danced to oldies, top 40, lots of early 2000’s and a few ballads.  I loved seeing Mike singing along to to the Grease medley, cousin Scott performing Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” and everyone singing N’sync’s “Tearin’ Up My Heart”.  I ended the night with everyone on the floor for “Sweet Caroline”, “Friends In Low Places”, Mike singing “Wagon Wheel” and saying goodnight to everyone in my mic.


This wedding could not have been better for me and is one that I will never forget.  Thank you Jess & Mike for the unforgettable memories and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment