Monday, May 4, 2015

Chelsea & Alex’s wedding at Rose Hill with a football garter throw on May 3rd


I didn’t meet Chelsea and Alex until after there ceremony.  I worked closely with Chelsea’s stepmother and father for her planning and they did a great job!  The ceremony was held at the duck pond at Rose Hill Plantation on a beautiful May afternoon! Guests found their seats and the ceremony was about to begin.  I had music playing largely by Vitamin String Quartet that play classical versions of pop songs.  The Grandparents and parents walked down the aisle to Vitamin String Quartet’s “Can’t Help Falling In Love”, the wedding party to Train’s “Marry Me” and Chelsea and her father to the beginning of “Almost Lose It” by Trey Songz that her father Eric timed perfectly.  During the ceremony they pause for me to play “I Do” by Jessie James Decker and then continued the ceremony.  Their recessional was the second half of the Trey Songz song.  Guests made their way to the back porch for cocktails after the ceremony.

For the cocktail hour, I had a mix of beach music, country, classic soul and rock playing. After some pictures were taken, guests made their way into the ballroom for dinner and dancing.  The wedding party was introduced to “I Gotta Feelin” and Chelsea & Alex entered to a loud roar from the crowd to “OMG” by Usher.  They made their way to the dance floor and had their first dance to “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran.  I couldn’t love this song more!  Chelsea, Alex and the wedding party took their seats for the individually served meals and their officiant Dr. Carleton McKita blessed the meal.  During dinner I continued the same playlist as cocktails.
 
During dinner, Chelsea’s father took my mic for a heart felt welcome to everyone and Alex’s best man toasted the couple.  After everyone was done eating we had the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”.  Chelsea’s father joined her on the floor for their dance to Edwin McCain’s acoustic version of “Walk With You” and Alex danced with his mother to “My Wish”.  I invited all the married couples to the floor for an anniversary Dance to “What A Wonderful World” and the winning couple was at 53 years!  They were great dancers as well!  I opened the floor to everyone with beach music and soon into “The Cupid Shuffle’ that packed the floor.
 

We pause briefly for a money dance to “That’s What Friends Are For”, the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “Mission Impossible theme”.  Before throwing the garter Alex put it of a football and I played the “Monday Night Football Theme” for him to throw it to.  Back to dancing with “Copperhead Road” that filled the floor again to top 40, hip-hop, R&B and a beach song or two.  The night ended with “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and a heart shaped sparkler exit.  What a fun night and a pleasure to play for Chelsea, Alex, Eric & Linda and their friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment