Monday, December 8, 2014

Steed/Civils wedding at The Stockroom on December 5th, 2014


Gabbi and Brian chose the urban chic feel of Raleigh’s Stockroom at 230 for their cocktail hour and reception after a ceremony at All Saints Chapel.  I was thrilled to be working with some of my favorite vendors in Stephanie from Viva L’event, Cara Galati from F8 Photo Studios and Phil & Jess from Twenty-One Films. For the cocktail hour, I played a mix of indie rock for the 100 guests to represent Gabbi and Brian’s musical taste.  Guests enjoyed bruschetta and risotto balls in marinara along with cocktails.  Gabbi’s grandmother even snuck a bottle of fireball in and was drinking right out of the bottle.  Loved that!!!!

The wedding party arrived and Gabbi and Brian were ready to get the party started.  I introduced the wedding party to Jagged Edge’s “Let’s Get Married (Remix)” and they came into the room to a loud roar of applause.  They stopped in the middle of the dance floor for their first dance to “That’s How Strong My Love Is” by Otis Redding.  I always love playing that song!  Brian’s father welcomed everyone and blessed the meal and the Italian buffet opened.  I continued a mix of indie rock during dinner.
 
After dinner and 5 toasts, we had the Edible Art cake cutting to ”I’ve Got This Friend” by Civil Wars.  Gabbi made her way back down the stairs and joined her father on the floor to dance to “In My Life” by The Beatles and Brian danced with his mother to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor.  His mother got a huge grin on her face when the song started!  I opened the floor to some Motown and oldies that started the dancing.  Some 80’s music and 90’s R&B and Hip-Hop kept guests dancing until the end of the night along with some current dance music.  For the last dance Gabbi has wanted “Purple Rain” played since she was a child, so I played that.  The guests made a circle around them and sang along to it while they danced in the middle.  It was so sweet!!


What a great couple and I was thrilled to play for them.  Thank you Gabbi and Brian and congratulations!

1 comment:

  1. Randy, as always its AMAZING working with you and being able to 100% trust you will take care of my clients and their guests on the dance floor. Gabbi and Bryan were beyond happy and I can't wait to work with you again!!!

    ReplyDelete