Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Royal/Zielke wedding on The Fearrington grounds on May 25th, 2014



My DJ day started before Christine and Richard’s wedding when I DJ’d Maria Herrle’s Quinceañera at Chapel Hill’s Siena Hotel.  I was thrilled to play for Maria and her family and friends and celebrate this wonderful day with them.  They danced for 3 hours to top 40 and some Latin music. I have no idea where their energy came from.  I packed up and headed to The Fearrington Garden Terrace for Christine and Richard’s big day.

I did not provide music for the cocktail hour, that was covered by singer/guitarist Gary Mitchell that did a fantastic job.  I could listen to him all night cover everything from Bob Marley to The Lumineers.  It was perfect for this group.  Gary invited everyone into the terrace for the reception and guests made their way to their tables.  I was thrilled to be working with photographer Julie Livingston on this wedding!  I only introduced Christine and Richard and they entered to The Darkness’s “I Believe In A Thing Called Love” and made their way right to the floor to dance to “Flash Flood” by Randy Rogers Band.  Richard was so happy when it was over! Ha ha.. Christine then danced with her father to “Old Time Rock and Roll” and it was fantastic.  He then took the mic for a short comedy routine, I mean, welcome that had everyone in stitches and the food stations opened with a mediterranean station, seafood and a beef carving station.  I had a mix of indie rock and country playing per Bride and Groom’s request during dinner. 

After dinner I opened the floor with some motown and oldies that brought young and old out to the floor even though it was a little warm.  We paused for a toast by Christine’s sister Jessica and a cake cutting to “Home” by Edward Sharpe, then back to dancing while the staff passed the cake that included gluten free cake.

They stopped again shortly for a bouquet toss to “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” that took 2 girls out (ha ha..) and a garter toss to Motley Crue’s “Kickstart My Heart” that took a couple guys out.  The floor stayed filled to the end of the night and their last dance “Feet Don’t Touch The Ground” by Stoney LaRue and they made a sparkler exit with cans tied to their backs.  Loved it !!


Thank you Christine and Richard and I had a blast playing for you and your friends and families!

No comments:

Post a Comment