Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thuan/Kulowiec wedding reception at Prestonwood Country Club on April 5th, 2014

Annabelle and Keith had a small intimate wedding ceremony and reception in the oak room of the beautiful Prestonwood Country Club in Cary NC on April 5th, and I supplied entertainment for just the reception of 50 guests.  Their ceremony and cocktail musician was an acoustic guitarist and he was fantastic.  I was thrilled to be working with planner Jennifer Viscosi and photographer Michael Moss!

It came time for the reception to start and guests made their way from the bar to the Oak room to their tables. I had some classic jazz standard playing as guests found their seats.  I introduced the small wedding party made up of Annabelle & Keith’s nieces and nephews with their parents to “Tongue Tied” by Indie rock band Grouplove.  Keith and Annabelle made their way to the dance floor and had their first dance as husband and wife to Diana Krall’s cover of “S’Wonderful”.  Keith welcomed everyone and the 3 course meal came out with pasta, salad and entrĂ©e’s.  I continued my mix of standards as guests ate.

Towards the end of dinner, the restless kids started coming to the floor and the first song people started dancing to was “Georgia On My Mind” which was a request by Georgia, the cutest little bridesmaid!  She said “I LOVE THIS SONG”!! ha ha.. adorable!  I invited Keith and Annabelle to the dessert table for the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor.  The table was filled with petit fours (my fav), wedding cake and a delicious French wedding cake made of cream puffs and covered in honey, I think.  It was awesome whatever it was.

I opened the floor with some Motown and filled with around 2/3 of the guests which I was thrilled with!  I threw in some current dance music and some 80’s that kept them dancing for the next hour and a half.  I even threw in a Dinosuar Jr song for Keith and his college buddies. Ha ha.. that was a first.


Towards the end of the night I ended with my new favorite closing set of “Hey Ya’ into “Happy” by Pharrell and then into “You Make My Dreams Come True” by Hall & Oates that led to their last song of the night was a special song to them, “Home” by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and they made their sparkler exit from the front of the clubhouse.  What a fun group to play for and I am thrilled for Annabelle & Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment