Thursday, April 17, 2014

Barr/Gleason wedding ceremony & reception at The Carolina Inn on April 11th, 2014



Chrissy and Bryan had both their ceremony and reception at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill on a beautiful April day for just over 100 people.  I was thrilled to be working with Reverend Barbara Lodge, Photographer Jakob  and wedding planner Tracy Adams from Adams & Events

The ceremony was held outside in the Bryan courtyard of The Carolina Inn and I was hired to play music and mic’s for the ceremony that included 2 readings and a beautiful cover of Fleetwood mac’s “Songbird” sung by one of Chrissy’s bridesmaids.  The parents walked down the brick isle to “Canon In D”, the wedding party to “Air On G String” and Chrissy to “The Bridal Chorus”.  The ceremony concluded and the wedding party left to the “Star Wars Throne Room Theme Song”..lol. So funny and perfect for them!  Barbara invited the guests to the hallway of the Hill Ballroom for the cocktail hour where I had a mix of Standards & classic rock playing.

The doors of the ballroom opened and guests found their tables with floral arrangements by Victoria Park Florist.  The wedding party entered to “I Gotta Feelin” which pumped the crowd up for Chrissy and Bryan's introduction to Pharrell’s “Happy”.  They went right into their first dance to The Beatles “I Will”.  I then opened the floor for about 20 minutes of dancing to Motown and some current dance music which worked great and filled the floor until a champagne toast by the best man and the salad’s were out and guests could start dinner.  I continued a mix of standards and classic rock for dinner.  After dinner we had a Cake Couture cake cutting to “Pledging My Love” by Wanda Jackson and Chrissy joined her father on the floor to dance to “Father & Daughter” by Paul Simon and Bryan and his mother to “Beautiful Boy” by Celine Dion.  I invited all the married couples to the floor to join Chrissy and Bryan for an anniversary dance to Journey’s “After All These Years” and it could have not been a better choice for this longest married couple dance.  The dessert bar opened filled with macaroons, cakes and pastries and I opened the floor again with some 70’s and 80’s that brought everyone back out.  There were 20 kids under 5 dancing with their parents and having a blast with glowsticks!  I stopped briefly for a bouquet toss to Madonna’s “Material Girl” and right back into dancing to some current music as the staff brought out late night snacks of  BBQ sliders, hot dogs & fries.


It was time to call it a night and I played their last song of “You Shook Me All Night Long”.  What a fun night and wonderful group to play for!  Congratulations Chrissy & Bryan and I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon at Disney World (I wore my Mickey Mouse cufflinks of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment