Monday, March 17, 2014

Hardy/Davis wedding at Rose Hill Plantation on March 15th, 2014





I played for Gloria and Spencer a month ago, but none of us knew yet.. They were guests at his Uncle’s wedding that I DJ’d in Wilson.  We realized during dinner that we were all there and that I had danced with his Grandmother at that wedding.  So funny!  Anyway, Gloria and Spencer chose the “old south” feel of the beautiful Rose Hill Plantation for their outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and indoor reception on a perfect 70 degree day with photographer Cara Galati from F8 Photo Studio.  Guests arrived for the ceremony and I had a classical mix playing.  Guests found their seats and the parents and grandparents walked down the isle to “Trumpet Voluntary”.  The wedding party followed to “Canon In D” and Gloria made her entrance with her father to “Here Come’s The Bride” and walked up the grand steps in front of the main house.  Their recessional was “The Wedding March”. 

After the ceremony, pastor David Currie invited guests to the back out the house for the cocktail hour where I had a mix of classic soul and beach music playing.  Food and drinks were served while pictures were taking place.  Spencer surprised Gloria with their entrance into the cocktail hour inside their brand new HUGE tractor that was just delivered 2 days earlier.  So great!  I even snuck a quick pic inside it.

Guests were then invited inside the reception hall for dinner and dancing with floral arrangements by Cynthia Small.  I introduced the wedding party to “Boogie Shoes” and it was then time for Gloria and Spencer’s first dance that shocked everyone!  The custom edit I made for them started with “Unchained Melody” for 40 seconds then went into “The Tootsie Roll”.  They had a choreographed dance that was awesome and really caught everyone off guard.  After a blessing by their pastor the buffet opened and I played a mix of soft rock and country (including “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy”..get it?).

After dinner and toasts by both Fathers, we had a cake cutting to “L.O.V.E.” by Nat King Cole and Gloria danced with her father to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor and Spencer and his mother danced to “I Hope You Dance”.  I opened the floor with some Motown and beach music then current hits and line dances.  We stopped briefly for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies”, garter toss to “Hot In Herre” and Spencer’s Aunt to do “Stanky Leg”.. lol.


The night ended with their last dance to “One Of Those Nights” by Tim McGraw and guests left for the sparkler exit as I played “Sparks Fly” by Taylor Swift.  What a fun night and I was thrilled to play for them again…..and dance with his Grandmother Dorothy Stancil again!

No comments:

Post a Comment