Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Denbow/Brack wedding at The Angus Barn on March 1st, 2014


Renee & Dan chose the beautiful Angus Barn Pavilion for both their ceremony and reception on a warm 60 degree day on the first day of March with photographer Nicole Faby and videographer Johnny Gillette.  The ceremony was held inside the pavilion with floral arrangements by The English Garden,  and I provided music and 3 mic’s.  When guests arrived I had a mix of classical piano & guitar playing and I could tell by the energy already that this was going to be a good one.  After signing the guest book and a “well wishes” book, guests took their seats and the ceremony began.

The parents walked down the isle to an instrumental of “The Way You Look Tonight”, the wedding party to an instrumental of  Train’s “Marry Me” and Renee to Pachebel’s “Canon In D”.  After a wonderful service by Susan Fuller (Who I also DJ’s her wedding 7 years ago!) and a couple readings, Renee & Dan were married and had their recessional to an instrumental of James Brown’s “I Feel Good” and guests were invited to the patio for cocktails where I had a mix of soft rock and classic rock playing.

The pictures were shortly done and I asked guests to find their seats inside the pavilion for the reception.  I introduced the wedding party (including Wilda the seeing eye dog) to “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz and Renee and Dan entered to “The Eye Of The Tiger”.  Everyone thought it was cute and funny.  Renee & Dan then had their first dance to “Count On me” by Bruno Mars and Renee’s Father, Mike, welcomed everyone and said the blessing.  For dinner I continued a soft rock and classic rock mix.

After dinner and toasts by the Best Man and Matron Of Honor, it was time for the Sugarland cupcake cutting to “Pour Some Sugar On me” and Renee joined her Father on the floor for their dance to “I Loved Her First” and Dan and his Mother to “What A Wonderful World”.  We the invited all the married couples to the floor for an anniversary dance to Sinatra’s “The Way You Look Tonight” and there were a ton of couples over 30 years married!  I love to see that. The winners were at 56 years married. 

I then opened the floor with some Motown and it filled completely within 2 songs.  The groomsmen are nuts!  I mean, seriously.  What a fun group!  A first for me was a “spin the bottle dance”.  They made a big circle and spun a bottle in the middle.  If it landed on you, you had to go out in the middle and dance.  So funny!  Cigars came out and the groomsmen made their way to the outdoor bonfire for some bonding time and smores as the women stayed and danced to some 80’s dance music and club hits.  The men joined shortly.

We ended the night with “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and Renee and Dan made their sparkler exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment