Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Midili/Shaffer wedding at CAM Raleigh on January 18th, 2014

Jaclyn and Eric chose the hipness of Raleigh’s Contemporary Art Museum (CAM) for their ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I provided music and mic’s for all. They didn’t want anything typical for their special day and I was glad to help them out with CAM’s Tamar Harris Warren and photographer Stacia Harrington. The pre-ceremony music was soft indie rock with Mazzy Star, Lana Del Rey and Fleet Foxes in the mix.  There wasn’t a typical wedding party so Jaclyn just walked down the isle with her Father to My Morning Jacket’s “Wonderful (The Way I Feel” and joined Eric and officiant Jonathan Schniepp for the ceremony. After a couple readings and the vows they exited to You Make My Dreams Come True” by Hall and Oates and guests made their way to the top level for cocktails and food.  I continued a mix of indie music but added some more upbeat songs and R&B by the likes of Chromeo, Frank Ocean, Fitz & The Tantrums and some classic rock by Bowie and The Stones.  Jaclyn and Eric joined the cocktail hour after some pics were taken and it was time for their introductions and special dances before dinner.

I had guests join them back on the street level for their dances and both sets of parents were introduced to Cee-Lo’s “Fool For You” and Jaclyn and Eric had their first dance to Charles Bradley’s “Strictly Reserved For you”.  I had not heard it before but loved it!  Thanks for turning me onto in Eric.  Jaclyn then danced with her father to “My Girl” and Eric and his Mother danced to “I’ll Always Love My Mama” by The Intruders.  Jaclyn’s Father welcomed everyone and guests made their way back up to the top level for dinner and I went back to an indie rock/R&B/classic rock mix.


As dinner came to an end I opened the floor with some beach and Motown back on the street level and within 10 minutes the floor was jammin’.  I soon went into some current dance music and 80’s and the floor filled with friends and family.  Some highlights were Jaclyn’s long time friend rapping a surprise customized song to the theme from The Fresh Prince for Jaclyn and Eric and their officiant doing a great job dancing to “Teach Me How To Dougie”.

No comments:

Post a Comment