Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sarullo/Shumaker wedding at Ruth’s Chris on September 13, 2013


Andrea and I met in November last year with her Father and hit it off immediately.  We have the same taste in music, movies and humor.  We have gotten to be close Facebook friends in the last year so the pressure was on to make her wedding dreams come true especially since she has become my biggest fan even though she had not heard me DJ yet. Ha ha..  I had the pleasure to work with photographer Cara Galati from F8 Photo studios again on this one.

For their pre-ceremony music Andrea & Wayne had indie rock and some 80’s playing for the 36 guests.  They had 1 bridesmaid and 2 groomsmen that came down the isle to “Praise You” by Fatboy Slim and Andrea entered to Cat Power’s cover of “Sea Of Love”.  The ceremony held at Ruth’s Chris in Cary on the second floor by Rev. Robin Renteria was over shortly and the wedding party exited to “Just Like Heaven” by The Cure.  I heard a couple guests say “OMG I love this song!” The cocktail hour followed in the hall outside of the banquet room and music was Itailian-American singers & standards. 

It was time for dinner and guests made their way to their seats.  The wedding party was introduced to “Home” by Edward Sharpe and Andrea & Wayne entered the room and went straight to the dance floor for their first dance “Fix You” by Coldplay.  Andrea then danced with her Father to “Brucia La Terra” from The Godfather 3 and her Father and Aunt welcomed everyone afterwords.  I started the dinner music with a surprise song for Andrea from her Father Bob, “Hey Daddy” by Sammy Kaye that he hit me with literally right before the ceremony started.  Ha ha..  She got a huge grin on her face and they had another dance together.  It was such a sweet moment!  Dinner music was soft rock and indie rock with a little Motown mixed in.

After dinner Andrea’s Sister, the Maid Of Honor Lorraine, said a toast and Andrea & Wayne made way to the cake cutting as I played “Pure Imagination” from Willy Wonka.  The old good one, not the terrible new one.  I invited Andrea’s parents to the floor to open the dancing portion and played Sade’s “By Your Side” to celebrate their 40th anniversary.  Another very sweet moment.  I invited everyone to join them ½ way though and almost all the 36 guests joined them.

Andrea’s Aunt said another welcome and I opened the floor to everyone with “Glad You Came” from The Wanted. Get it?? Haha..I went into some Motown and Oldies white Andrea changed into a more comfortable dancing dress. After some oldies and current music we stopped for the bouquet toss to “Stupid Girl” by Garbage and Andrea’s Aunt caught it with a huge grin on her face!

It was so great to play for Andrea and Wayne and get to know their friends and families.  Andrea and Wayne had the time of their lives and I was glad I was there to help make their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment