Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Allison & Kevin Rathke 4/14/13..and Emma


Allison and Kevin were married on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon at Italian restaurant Caffe Luna in Raleigh with both the ceremony and reception there.  The ceremony was officiated by one of my favorite Reverends, Rev Barbara Lodge.  This was when I met Emma, the cutest little flower girl!  I am sure photographer Wendy Boyer from Dancing Heart Photography got some great pics.

After the ceremony in the front room, guests were invited into the back two rooms for the cocktail hour and reception.  The cocktail and dinner music was a mix of soft rock, standards and classic soul. 

Their first dance was “When It’s Time” by Green Day from the Soundtrack to the Broadway play “American Idiot” and the cake cutting was to “Better Together” by Jack Johnson.

To open the dance floor I knew Emma was dying to show off her Gangnam style skills and no one could refuse getting on the floor with her.  So, I started with “The Cha Cha Slide” then right into “Gangnam Style” and she did not disappoint!  What a doll.

The highlight of the night, except for Emma, was Kevin, the Groom, dancing and singing to “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston and acting out “Sweet Carolina” with one of his buddies. Also, I think I was Ted Danson doing a Michael Jackson kick.  Classic !!

Their exit was out on the street in front of Caffe Luna to sparklers and Emma was there with a huge grin on her face to say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment