Friday, March 27, 2020

Ali and Logan’s Wedding at Merrimon Wynne

When I met Ali and Logan a year ago I knew this was going to be a really fun wedding at Merrimon Wynne on March 7th! They were having guests in from everywhere including Ali’s Cuban family from Miami!!

Their ceremony was held on the lawn and officiated over by Reverend Heidi Gessner. I always love working with her! As the 90 guests arrived, I had a mix of classical pop songs playing by Vitamin String Quartet and The Piano Guys. Logan, his Parents and the flower girl & ring bearers entered to “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele.  The wedding party and Ali & her Father entered to “A Thousand Years” by The Piano Guys. After a short service that included a reading, they recessed to “Everything’ by Michael Buble. Heidi invited them inside for the cocktail hour while I got everything ready for the reception in the carriage house.

After pics were done by Photographer Jordan Maunderplanner Stephanie Shaul invited everyone into the carriage house for dinner and dancing. The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Bowerbird Flowers! I left music playing and went into the house to line the wedding party up for intro’s with Stephanie. I introduced the parents to “Dancing Queen” and wedding party to “Mi Gente”. Ali and Logan entered to “Space Jam” LOL and had their first dance to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley with the Royal Philharmonic.  Ali danced with her Father to “De Nina” by Julio Iglesias and Logan and his Mother to “My Wish”. Caterer Beau from Beau’s Catering welcomed everyone and described the plated meal.  His bbq empanadas were the best!!!! During dinner I had a mix of standards playing.

After dinner we had the toasts and an anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” with Ali’s Parents winning as the longest married couple.  I opened the floor with some 70’s funk and Latin that filled the floor with Ali and Logan’s friends and family.  We paused for The Cupcake Shoppe cake cutting to “I Can’t Help Myself” then back to dancing. Around 10PM I gave Logan the mic and he announced it was “Bo Time!!” and Stephanie and her girls served the Bojangles late night chicken biscuits.  Such a great idea!!!! I handed out the glow sticks and blinking sunglasses for a conga line to ”Conga”. 

We ended the night with a huge sing a long to “Friends In Low Places” before a sparkler exit.

Thank you Ali, Logan, Stephanie and Sasha! I had the best time!! See you tomorrow for another Merrimon Wynne.

Photo courtesy of Jordan Maunder Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment