Sunday, November 10, 2019

A Bridge Club Wedding for Christina and Chris

I LOVE playing weddings at Chef Ashley Christensen’s wedding venue, The Bridge Club in downtown Raleigh!  This time I was there for Chris & Christina’s wedding on Sunday, November 10th.

Their ceremony was held on the 2ndfloor right above Death & Taxes. I ran music for them as well as a mics for their officiant and Friend Taygen and a few readers. As the 60 guests arrived, I had a mix of soft indie rock and classic rock playing. When it was time for the ceremony, the guests found their seats.  Taygen and Chris entered to “Here, There and Everywhere” by The Beatles. Christina entered to an edit I made her of “Book Of Love” by Magnetic Fields.  It was timed perfectly.  After a short service they recessed to “You Make My Dreams Come True” and were invited to the bar in the back of the room for cocktails. Photographer Chelsea Morgan took Chris and Christina outside to get shots of downtown.

After pics were taken they joined the remaining cocktail hour.  I had a mix of indie & classic rock, classic soul and standards playing. At the end of the cocktail hour they welcomed everyone and invited guests to the 3rdfloor for dinner.  During dinner I had the same music mix playing.  After dinner we had the cake cutting to “Our House” and a few toasts before inviting everyone back downstairs for dancing.

After everyone was on the 2ndfloor, Chris and Christina had their first dance to “You and Me” by Penny and the Quarters. Chris and his Mother had their dance next to “You Are My Sunshine” by Elizabeth Mitchell.  After a minute, I invited everyone to join them, which they did. I opened the floor after that with some 70’s funk, 80’s and 2000’s Hip-Hop that filled it for the next couple hours.  I also played a few Latin songs that were fun!

We ended the night with a last dance to “Sweet Caroline”.  Thank you Chris & Christina!!  I loved playing for you and your guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment