Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sarah and Mason’s Wedding At The NC State Park Alumni Center

I always love playing the NC State Park Alumni Center’s grand oval black and white Ballroom!!  This time was for Sarah and Mason and their 100 guests on her Parents (33 years) and Grandparents (61 years) anniversaries!

Their ceremony was held at Highland United Methodist Church.  After the ceremony, the guests made their way over to the reception.  I had a wireless speaker in the foyer for the cocktail hour playing standards, soft rock and classic soul.

After pics were taken by Brian Mullins Photography, I invited guests to their seats and to enjoy their already plated salads.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Brides & Bouquets!  I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up with help from the Alumni Center’s Adelaide.  I introduced them to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor and Sarah and Mason had their first dance to the music video version of “Hold Back The Night” by James Bay.  After their first dance Sarah and her Father had their dance to “What A Wonderful World”. He looked so happy dancing with her!! Mason and his Mother’s dance was next to “I Hope You Dance”.  Her Parents welcomed everyone and Reverend Ponder blessed the meal.  During dinner I had the same music mix playing at cocktails.

After dinner we had the Rachel Bailey Cake cutting to “You Make My Dreams Come true” followed by the toasts.  I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music, Motown and Top 40 that filled it for the next 1.5 hours. Sarah had added lots of great indie dance music like Cut Copy, Passion Pit and Avicii that was fun for me to play for dancing!

I ended the night with a couple throw back hip-hop songs that turned into a dance off before the last dance to “Swept Away (Sentimental Version)” by The Avett Brothers.  They had a sparker exit before heading out.

Thank you Sarah, Mason, Richard  & Ruth and Adelaide!!  I had the best time playing for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment