Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Dance Party Wedding At Brier Creek Country Club

Jenn and Scott had their amazing dance party wedding at Brier Creek Country Club on December 16th.  They had seen me DJ at a friends wedding in 2016 and knew I could handle Jenn’s crazy fun Italian family.

Their ceremony was held earlier in the day at St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church.  After a short break, the guests made their way over to the beautiful Brier Creek Country Club for the cocktail hour and reception.

As the cocktail hour ended the 150 guests were invited to the main ballroom where I was set up for dinner and dancing.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by The Purple Poppy.  I left music playing inside and went out to line the wedding party with lots of help from Brier Creek’s Doranda.  I introduced them into the room to Haddaway’s “What Is Love” and each couple had their own funny dance. Jenn and Scott came in to “Gonna Make You Sweat” and had their first dance to “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran.  After the first dance they took their seats and Jenn’s Father welcomed everyone and blessed the meal.  During dinner I had a mix of classic standards playing.  Jenn’s Grandparents even hit the floor to dance to their song, “All The Way” by Frank Sinatra!!

After the salads came out we had the parents dances.  Jenn and her Father danced to “I Loved Her First” and Scott & his Mother to “Have I Told You Lately”.  The entrees came out and I went back to standards.   Towards the end of dinner the guests couldn’t wait anymore and started dancing to the Sinatra and Dean Martin songs.  We had the toasts and I officially opened the floor with “The Electric Slide” and some top 40 that filled it for the next 2.5 hours.  I can’t wait to see the photos from Photographers Ally & Bobby! 


We paused after a while for the Once In A Blue Moon Cake cutting to “How Sweet it Is” and then we all sang Happy Birthday to Jenn’s Grandmother who’s birthday was the same day.  It was so special and really surprised her.  The floor opened again and everyone got right back out there.  We paused one last time for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies”.  I ended the night with a huge sing a long circle to “New York, New York” before their sparkler exit. What a fun night and great group to play for.  Thank you so much Jenn and Scott and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment