Thursday, October 5, 2017

An Outdoor Wedding At The Fearrington Village

Jennifer and Chris chose the beautiful Fearrington Village for their ceremony and reception on a picture perfect October 1st day!  Of course, after they had everyone run a 5K that morning with them..

The ceremony was held on a side garden under a beautiful tree.  They had a live violinist provide music and he was just amazing!!  I provided a mic for readers and their officiant Adam.  The ceremony was wonderful and included communion for the 70 guests.  After the ceremony Adam invited guests to the patio next to the Garden Terrace for cocktails.

During the cocktail hour I had a mix of jazz, standards, bluegrass and classic soul playing.  I loved the mix!!  After pics were taken by Jack and Adrienne from Morton Photography the wedding party joined them for drinks and passed hors d’oeuvres.  I introduced only Jennifer & Chris and they came to the patio for their first dance to Stevie Wonder’s “Knocks Me Off My Feet”.  I LOVE that album so much!!  I invited guests into the open-air garden terrace for a welcome, blessing and dinner.  The food station opened and I played the same music mix.

After dinner we had toasts and the parents dances still inside the garden terrace.  Jennifer and her Father danced to “Isn’t She Lovely” and Chris & his Mother to “My Wish”.  Jennifer likes Stevie….ALOT!! LOL.  I invited the married couples back out to the patio to have an anniversary dance before opening it to everyone.  They danced to “The Way You Look Tonight’ with the longest married couple being 65 years married!!  Beach, Motown and 70’s kept everyone out on the floor for the next hour until we paused for the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”.  Back to dancing to some 80’s and current until the end of the night.  It is so beautiful under the stars and trees with market lights overhead!


We ended the night with some sing a longs before “Still The One” by Orleans and finally “You Are The Best Thing”.  They had a Rickshaw exit to finalize the night.  Thank you Jennifer and Chris and Chris, thank you for your service to our country!

Photo courtesy of Morton Photography

4 comments:

  1. Randy Bennett did a wonderful job as the DJ for my daughter wedding at Fearrington. The music mix for dinner was perfect and once the dancing started the music kept us dancing. The transitions between songs were fantastic and the mix was exactly what Jen and Chris wanted. Randy kept the crowd engaged and was the perfect MC and DJ for their wedding. I couldn't have asked for more. Helen Maddux/Joe Omlor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen and Joe!! I really appreciate the kind words. I had a blast!!

      Delete
  2. Randy was AMAZING! Although our wedding was small, he kept us all up on our feet and moving throughout the night. He even got us singing Don't Stop Believin' and Livin' on Prayer. Needless to say, the next morning my voice was raspy from singing and muscles were sore with all the lively dancing. The process with DJ Randy was very simple and thorough and he played all the songs we requested. He added his our DJ flair and intricately wove in songs so that the progression was seamless. ALSO, talk about timely response. I was amazed by how quickly and professionally Randy responded to all my questions and thoughts. He provided amazing suggestions and lead us throughout all the festivities for the night. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Thanks Randy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Jennifer! It was absolutely my pleasure to play for you!!

      Delete