Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Final Royal Wedding

Stephanie & Joshua's wedding at Highgrove Estate 

I met the Royals in 2014 when I DJd the oldest daughters wedding.  The family is so fun and happy that I was thrilled to be asked to DJ both of the young twin sisters weddings, the final being this past Sunday, May 14th at Highgrove Estate. 

Stephanie and Joshua had their ceremony in the back overlooking a lake and wooded hill.  It is just breathtaking there!  They had a live guitarist and violinist provide music.  After the ceremony the guests made their way to the back patio for cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and continued live music.

After the cocktail hour was over and pics & video were done by Dave & Tara Parker and Brynn Daurity, the doors to the ballroom opened and the 80 guests found their seats.  I introduced just Stephanie & Joshua and they came right in to their first dance to “It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.  They took their seats and her Father welcomed everyone with a roast of Josh.   I love Phil’s roasts and was really looking forward to this! Josh’s Father then blessed the meal and the salads and family style entrees came out.  During dinner I had a mix of soft rock, country & classic soul playing.

After dinner we had the toasts by Stephanie’s sisters and Josh’s hilarious best man, then the cake cutting to Def Leppard.  After she cleaned all the cake off her face thanks to Josh, she danced with her Father to “My Wish” and Josh danced with his Mother to “Celebration” that soon I had everyone join them for the last half of the song.  That’s all it took to fill the floor.

We Paused for the bouquet toss to “lady Marmalade” and Garter removal to “Hot In Herre”.  I invited the single guys out and we had the garter toss to “Danger Zone”.  A line dance to “Copperhead Road” got everyone right back out there until the end of the night.  We ended the night with “In Case You Didn’t Know” by Brett Young and a sparkler exit from the front of Highgrove.

This was a bittersweet wedding for me.  I was thrilled to see The Royals again and play for Stephanie and Joshua, but a little sad knowing all the weddings are now over.  I hope to see my Royal Family in the future! 


1 comment:

  1. Lakes and wooded hill areas are always perfect to get married. It’s my dream to get married at such beautiful place. Hey it’s wedding of my best friend in next week and I am invited at San Francisco venues. What should I gift here so please share ideas here?

    ReplyDelete