Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A Classy Wedding at Durham’s Bay 7

I never met Sara or Gregory until their wedding day, but was thrilled to be their DJ!  I knew they didn’t want the typical cheesy wedding, which is not my thing either.

The Wedding Ceremony


Their wedding ceremony was held on the 2nd floor of Bay 7.  The 170 guests arrived and they had a live pianist and trumpeter providing music.  I ran a mic for one of my favorite ministers Barbara Lodge as well as for the 2 readers.  After the ceremony, the guests made their way downstairs for the social hour. The room looked beautiful designed by planners Erin & Giggles (Tia) from Erin McLean Events!   They had floral arrangements by Tre Bella and lighting by Get Lit. 

The Introductions and First Dance


During the cocktail hour I had a mix of soft rock, classic soul and standards playing.  After pics were taken by Robin & Stacy from Robin Lin Photography I invited the guests to their seats and went back upstairs to line up the wedding party.  They came down the stairs to “Marry You” and Sara & Greg came down to thunderous applause for their first dance.  They danced to a cover of “Shut Up & Dance” by Anchor + Bell.  I had never heard this version but I may like it better than the original!  They took their seats and Sara’s Father welcomed everyone followed by Greg’s Grandfathers blessing of the meal.  The salads and entrées came out and I played indie rock & classic soul during dinner. Angel and the staff at Bay 7 are always amazing at getting dinner right out!

The Dancing


After dinner we had the toasts and Ashley Cake cutting to “I and Love and You” by Avett Brothers.  The cake was on a beautifully hand painted floral tablecloth made just for this wedding.  After that Sara danced with her Father to “Walk With You” by Edwin McCain and Greg & his Mother to “Bendita Tu Luv” by Mana.  I opened the floor with some Motown and top 40 that filled it within 1 minute.  The Zim Zoom photo booth opened and I invited everyone to sign the guest book. 

We paused briefly for the Anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra.  Before opening the floor again, we had the bouquet toss to “Crazy In Love” and garter toss to “Love Shack”.    I ended the night with some sing a longs that had everyone in the room on the floor singing “Sweet Caroline”, “Piano Man” and finally “Wagon Wheel” with everyone holding glow sticks.  Sara and Greg made their way up the stairs and waved goodbye to everyone.  What a fun wedding!!!


6 comments:

  1. Such a great night! The music was awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! So glad I got to see you and work with you and giggles!

      Delete
  2. Randy was AMAZING! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful to work with you again, Randy. Your professionalism and kindness - not to mention your skill - always shine through.

    ReplyDelete