Thursday, December 22, 2016

An Amazing Fearrington Barn Wedding For A Twin!

I was back to the Fearrington again for the second wedding this month, this one for Cathy & David and it was absolutely amazing!!  I was thrilled to be playing for Cathy’s family again as I DJd her twin sister Laura’s wedding to Les 2 years ago.
They held their wedding ceremony in the Garden Terrace and it was officiated over by David’s Best Man, Greg.  As guests arrived I had a mix of contemporary love songs playing including some country.  The wedding party entered to “Thinking Out Loud” and Cathy to “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele.  After a short ceremony with hand written vows they recessed to “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit.  The guests made their way to the Barn for the cocktail hour & reception and photographer Riley Maclean got some shots.

During the cocktail hour I played a mix of country, rock and classic soul.  The wedding party showed up towards the end of the cocktail hour and I invited guests to find their seats.  I introduced them to “Crazy In Love” and Cathy and David entered under both their new last names as they blended their last names into a completely new last name.  LOVE IT!!!!  They had their first dance to “Die A Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett.  After that, Cathy’s father welcomed everyone and the food stations opened.  During dinner I played the same playlist.

After dinner we had toasts and David danced with his mother to “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Sheryl Crow.  Cathy and her father danced to “Who Loves You” from Jersey Boys and invited all the guests to join them after a minute that filled the floor.  Everyone was singing and dancing to it.  What a great start to the dancing!  I invited all the married couples to join them after that for an anniversary dance to “Fly Me To The Moon”.  The floor opened to everyone and I kept them dancing for 3.5 hours.

We paused briefly for the cake cutting to “Stay, Stay, Stay” by Taylor Swift and bouquet toss to “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” then back to dancing after I played “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life” for Cathy’s parents Bridge (I mean British…) Club again.  We ended the night with “Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and a sparkler exit.

I was so happy and honored to DJ for the Johnson Family again and to play for  David’s friends and family.  Congratulations Cathy & David!!


DJ Randy Bennett  www.bunndjcompany.com/RandyB

Photo courtesy of Riley Maclean Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment