Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Emily & Joel’s Wedding at The Capital City Tavern in Raleigh NC

There is no better way to ring in the New Year than to rock a wedding reception for a soldier! I was honored to play for Joel and Emily’s wedding reception on January 2nd in The Capital City Tavern on downtown Raleigh’s Fayetteville Street with photographer Autumn Harrison. They were actually already married, but in Germany where Joel is stationed so this was more of an “after wedding party” for 130 guests.

During the cocktail hour I had a mix of standards, soft rock and classic soul playing as the guests arrived and visited with each other throughout the bar.  The passed hors d’oeuvres by Dames Chicken & Waffles of BBQ sandwiches and lamb chops were awesome!  Even though Emily and Joel joined the cocktail hour, I introduces the parents and wedding party to “Ruff Ryder’s Anthem” by DMX (LOL) after the cocktail hour was over.  They all came from the back of the room and to the dance floor for Emily’s fathers welcome and blessing.  I invited guests to the dinner buffet and went back to the same music mix as cocktails.

After dinner Emily and Joel had their first dance that night to “You Are The Best thing” by Ray LaMontagne, Emily danced with her father to “My Girl” an


d Joel and his mother danced to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor.  I invited all the married couples to the floor for a longest married couple dance to “Sweet Pea” with the winners at 53 years married.  I swear the winning man is my father’s double!  Not kidding!!  I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music and it soon filled.  I played everything including oldies, top 40, 90’s, 80’s, beach and even a polka!  One of the best moments was when a guest “Gene” got on a chair on the dance floor are rode around like driving a motorcycle to “Leader Of The Pack” with other guests behind her like a train.  So great!


I ended the night with “Sweet Caroline” and “Wagon Wheel” with everyone in the room dancing and singing along.  What a fun night and a great group!  Thank you Joann, Emily and Joel and thank you for your service to our country Joel!

No comments:

Post a Comment