Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Brady & Matt’s Fantastic Wedding at The Stockroom in Raleigh


Brady and Matt chose downtown Raleigh’s The Stockroom at 230 for both their ceremony and reception on October 9th.  I was thrilled to start my 3 wedding weekend playing for them and working with planner Sally Oakley, minister Barbara Lodge, Ashley Cakes and photographer Christobal from Azul Photography!

For the ceremony they had an amazing guitarist Matthew Kanon provide music as guests arrived and for the ceremony and cocktail hour.  After a short ceremony by Barbara, the guests made their way to the back of the room for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while the staff flipped the room for dinner and Matthew played guitar.

The room was ready and Brady and Matt were ready to be introduced, so I invited guests to find their tables.  Brady & Matt entered the room to “You Are The Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne and stopped in the middle of the dance floor for their first dance to “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen.  After that, they took their seats and the Catering Works buffet opened.  During dinner I played a mix of standards and classic rock.

After dinner we had toasts by Brady’s mother and Matt’s father and then the Ashley’s Cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor.  I opened the floor with some Motown and oldies and it filled with mostly women guests and Brady.  I loved seeing them all singing “I Say A Little Prayer” by Aretha Franklin in a big circle! 


The night ended with a full dance floor to “Sweet Caroline” and “With A Little Help From My Friends” by Joe Cocker and then their last dance to “Save The Last dance” by Michael Buble before their sparkler exit from the first floor.

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect wedding team they had… and I loved that you and I had 2 weddings together that weekend. You are always a consummate professional and know how to create the perfect background for any event you helm. Obviously, it was exactly the same for Brady and Matt’s wedding as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara. I always look for ward to seeing you!

      Delete