Monday, August 24, 2015

Allison & Steve’s Wedding at Brier Creek Country Club

Allie and Steve chose the Arnold Palmer designed Brier Creek Country Club for both their wedding ceremony and reception on a beautiful August 22nd day.  The ceremony was held in the back lawn and officiated by minister Kayelily  Middleton, who always does a fantastic job and is a pleasure to work with! As guests arrived for the ceremony, I had a mix of light classical playing.  The Bridesmaids entered to “Air On A G String” and Allison and her father to “Canon In D”.  After the ceremony the wedding party recessed to “Trumpet Voluntary” and Kayelily invited guests to the “Palmers Cove” room for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of standards playing.

Allie and Steve were done getting pics taken by photographer Richard Barlow and joined the last half of the cocktail hour to mingle with the 100 guests.  The cocktail hour concluded and guests made their way to the large ballroom for dinner and dancing.  I lined the wedding party up with help from Brier Creek’s Elise and got them ready to come into the room.  They entered to Luke Bryan’s “That’s My Kinda Night” and Allie & Steve came to the floor for their first dance to “Who I Am With You” by Chris Young.  Allie danced with her father to “Don’t Blink” and then her stepfather to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra.  Steve then took to the floor for a dance with his daughters Devon and Jenna to “When You Need Me” by Bruce Springsteen (one of my favorite, and very unknown, Springsteen songs).  Nicely done Steve!  Allison’s stepfather welcomed everyone and Steve’s father blessed the meal.  The buffet opened and I played a mix of soft rock during dinner.

After dinner we had toasts by Matron of honor Shelly Keeter (YAY!!! Shelly!), Steve’s brother and best man Chris and Groomsman Patrick & Bridesmaid Katie and then the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor.  I invited all the married couples to the dance floor for a longest married couple dance to “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong.  I opened the floor with some Motown and current dance music for the older guest and kids to dance to.  One of the best things at the reception (and a first for me at a wedding) was a temporary tattoo station for the kids (and a few adults).  So great!!!

We paused briefly for a group pic of Allison and Steve with all the Kappa Psi graduates and the late night nacho bar opened (another first that I loved!!).  With a filled dance floor, I noticed Steve dancing to “Shake It Off” with the best look on his face!  I also got to play “Just A Dream” by Nelly and “Perfect” by Pink for Steve’s adorable little daughter Jenna to dance to with her friends. We ended the night with “Sweet Caroline” and everyone was on the floor singing along to it and a sparkler exit from the front of Brier Creek.


What a wonderful couple!! Congratulations Allie & Steve and thank you so much for having me as your DJ!

2 comments:

  1. You are fast, Randy Bennett! I have not finished editing my photos of this fabulous wedding for my blog but when I do, I will put a link here. Thanks for doing a great job with the ceremony music, of course as usual. Love working with you and with such a wonderful couple and actually having Shelly as the Matron of Honor was really special! Thanks to Elise for directing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://raleighweddingblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/allison-and-steve-tie-knot-at-brier.html

    ReplyDelete