Sunday, January 4, 2015

Freiman/Herb wedding at Holy Lutheran Church in Chapel Hill on Jan 3rd, 2015



It will be hard to beat my first wedding of the year for 2015.  Marge and Don are an 80 and 91 year old couple that are one of the happiest couples I have played for!  Marge’s son Paul and daughter Kate for their wedding reception at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Chapel Hill on a damp Saturday afternoon on January 3rd, 2015 hired me. 

After the ceremony, guests made their way across the street to the fellowship hall where I was set up and ready for them.  I had a mix of swing music playing as they enjoyed refreshments and light food.  Guests grabbed bells while they came in for the introductions later.  Pictures in the church were over and Marge and Don came up for the steps for their intro’s.  They both had the biggest grins on their faces.  I love that!!!  They entered the room to the ringing bells from the 150 guests and came up to the stage area for their first dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra.  They had guests join them ½ way through, which they did.  I followed that up with some Motown and beach music they kept couples dancing.  Shortly I played Marge’s request “The Cupid Shuffle” that her granddaughter had taught her.  Marge and Don both joined the dancers for that dance as well as the next one, “The Hokey Pokey” that their “water walkers” joined them on.
 
We had the Edible Art cake cutting to “Love & Marriage” by Frank Sinatra and Marge started singing it as soon as it started, still with that huge grin on her face!  She was just beaming.  Her son Paul took the mic for a toast, then back to dancing to some 70’s and line dances.  I ended the night with their last dance to “Moonlight Serenade” by Glenn Miller.


This was one of the sweetest weddings I have done and I will never forget it.  Thank you so much Kate, Paul, Marge & Don for the memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment