Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Qualls/DeHont wedding reception at Bay 7 on August 17th, 2013


Melissa and Kevin chose the newly reopened Bay 7 in Durham for their wedding reception.  It has been redone by The Angus Barn and they have added more bathrooms, a kitchen and a room for the Bride to get ready in.  Great job Angus Barn, but I would expect nothing else!  The floors look great too. Photographers J&J Photography were there and it’s always fun to work with this husband and wife duo. 

The cocktail hour was held on the street level (2nd floor) and I had a mix of soft rock that was heavy on Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson. I even slipped in a brand new Dave song for Melissa.

Melissa and Kevin showed up with the wedding party towards the end of the cocktail hour and I had the guests make their way to the bottom floor for the reception.  The wedding party was introduced to “I Need Your Love” by Calvin Harris and Melissa & Kevin to one of my favorite new songs, “Safe & Sound” by Capital Cities. They went into their first dance of “You and Me” by Dave Matthews and then came one of the most touching moments I have seen at a wedding.  Melissa danced with her Father to “Butterfly Kisses” and her Grandfather cut in for a couple minutes.  I loved that so much!  Melissa’s Father finished the dance and Kevin danced with his Mother to “Find Your Wings”.  The Maid/Matron of honors and Best Men’s speeches followed as did Melissa’s Father, Scott’s welcome and blessing. For dinner I continues the Dave and soft rock.

After dinner Melissa had a special dance with her Stepfather to “Kind & Generous” by Natalie Merchant and Melissa & Kevin made their way to the cake table for the cake cutting to “Dreamgirl” by Dave Matthews. Melissa’s Stepfather said a few words and I opened the dance floor to some beach and Motown and the floor packed.  I shortly went into “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke and people came from nowhere!  I couldn’t believe it.

We stopped the dancing for the bouquet toss from the 2nd floor to “Girlfight” by Brooke Valentine and the garter toss to “Electric Feel” by MGMT and back to dancing.  Melissa and Kevin made a “fake” exit around 10pm to rose petals and then everyone came back in to party for another hour.  I ended with a bunch of sing-a-long songs and finished with Frank’s “New York, New York” since Kevin’s family is from there.  Everyone made a huge circle on the floor and danced to it.

What a fun wedding and I was so glad I was a part of it.  Thank you Melissa & Kevin !

No comments:

Post a Comment