Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Whitney & Pasquale’s 6-8-13 wedding Italiano


I couldn’t have been more honored to DJ Whitney and Pasquale’s wedding at the beautiful Revolution Mills in Greensboro.  I have known them since Whitney worked for A Southern Soiree and when they attended a wedding I DJ’d in Mississippi for Cara & Clif Shirley I got to know Pasquale better.  It was a reunion of sorts having photographer Shane Snider with me again.

For the cocktail hour, they had live music by the Julia Price Jazz Quartet.  Cocktails were both inside and outside and the band could be heard everywhere.  The wedding party arrived and I announced them into the room to “One More Time” by Daft Punk and Whitney & Pasquale had their first dance to “Do You Feel Me” by Anthony Hamilton, Whitney danced with her Father to “Unforgettable” by Natalie & Nat King Cole as they sang it to each other and Pasquale danced to an Italian song “A Te” by Jovanotti since his family and ½ of the guests were from Italy.  After a blessing by Whitney’s Father, Michael Robertson, it was time for the 6 course served meal to start.

I knew that dinner was going to be very long so I decided to get people up and dancing in between courses and what a great group!  After salads, I went to beach and Motown and the floor filled.  Even the Italians that don’t speak English were out there learning to shag.  Whitney’s parents are big dancers and love to shag!  It was great to have a packed floor going from “The Tarentella” to “I Gotta Feeling”, “Suavemente” and “Balada” by Gusttavo Lima without loosing anyone from the floor. There young groomsman and his friends even gave a dance routine to “Suit & Tie” by Justin Timberlake that had everyone cheering !

After a couple toasts by The Maid of Honor and the Best Man, it was time for the cake cutting, bouquet and garter toss and they made their exit after their last song of “Shout”.  While they were leaving for the sparkler exit I played “Con Te Partiro (Time to say goodbye)” by Bocelli.  What a fun reception and I couldn’t be happier for Whitney and Pasquale !!!!


all photos taken by and used by permission of Shane Snider Photography


1 comment: